Episode 8: Celebrity trainer Ashley Borden
Be sure to download & listen to this week's latest episode of the Live Life Aggressively podcast. This week, we are joined by our guest, fitness expert & one of the top go-to trainers to the stars, Ashley Borden (http://ashleyborden.com). Ashley has successfully helped transform a who's-who of clients, including Ryan Gosling, Christina Aguilera, & UFC hall of famer, Matt Hughes.
This week the 3 of us discuss:
- How Ashley has successfully continued to build her business and brand in spite of the hustle & bustle of being in L.A.
- Ashley's personal message to up-and-coming personal trainer seeking to "only" train celebrities
- Bi-polar trainers
- How the book "Strengthfinder 2.0" helped Ashley expand her brand
- The importance of establishing boundaries with clients
- Important tips for utilizing media (social & print) to build your brand and establishing yourself as the go-to expert
- Ashley's nightmare trainer referral
- Client privacy vs. the Facebook Trainer Photobomber
- How NOT to ask for testimonials
- The curious case of the "celebrity trainer"
- How to deal with the client who tries tell you how to coach them
- How Ashley's dad & fitness legend Rachel Mclish played a part in Ashley's fitness journey
- How an eating disorder & opting out of going to college helps to fuel Ashley's success
- The importance of service work
- How Ashley's emphasis on the importance of recovery methods is a priceless gem to her clients
- The detriment of training clients until they "puke" & other client "beatdown training" style
- The difference between being taken seriously as a fitness professional vs. a social media narcissist
- How Ashley's connection to Christina Aguilera took her brand to the next level