Episode 55: Ben Greenfield on the best nutrition supplements
Ben Greenfield (http://bengreenfieldfitness.com) is a coach, author, speaker, ex-bodybuilder and Ironman triathlete. His science-based approach to discovering a potent balance between health and performance has revolutionized the way thousands of athletes and exercise enthusiasts around the world live, train and eat. Ben now works with athletes, CEO’s and soccer moms from around the world to achieve amazing feats of physical endurance without destroying their body in the process.
Ben is also the author of the popular “Beyond Training” book, which is a balanced approach to fitness, nutrition, and health, coming from his extensive experience in the fitness and wellness industry as one of the country’s leading personal trainers and wellness consultants.
During EP.#55 Ben shares the following:
- What prompted Ben to go from bodybuilding to endurance sports, such as triathlons
- Why Ben did not completely retire his speedos
- Why a certain "bodybuilding situation" is like marijuana
- The guys discuss an unspoken issue: Man Boobs vs. Triathlons
- Why building a massive chest is not as optimal as perceived, and what muscles are a better option?
- Why women should want to focus on gaining muscle?
- Ben shares his supplement recommendations for endurance training
- Why Ben favors essential amino acids vs. BCAAs?
- Ben shares why "traditional" carb-loading may not be as optimal for endurance sports & why he chooses to restrict carb when training/competing
- How Ben utilizes genetic testing with himself, as well as his clients
- Ben shares his 5 favorite supplements for endurance athletes
- What are Ben's top 5 supplements combos for bodybuilding?
- What are Ben's go-to supplements for fat loss and why?
- What resources are available for you to measure your brain chemistry and what supplements can help enhance brain chemistry?
- What are Ben's top testoterone boosting supplements?
- What are the benefits of brazil nuts and how should you store them and why?
- What are Ben's top supplement suggestions for vegan or vegetarians?
- What supplements should combat athlete make a priority, a well as baseline dosage and why?
- What is the best way to address growth hormone enhancement, and how you can address GH right away?
Links & Resources:
3. https://www.vitacostrewards.com/SNxPJE - Save $10 on your 1st purchase of $30 or more on any of the supplements discussed on the show here: