Episode 47: Nathane Jackson on his experiment with plant based nutrition
Nate Jackson http://nathanejackson.com is a veteran health and wellness authority, specializing in holistic living. He has a decade's worth of knowledge as a personal trainer and strength & conditioning coach and is dedicated to improving all aspects of health, starting at the cellular level by combining holistic nutrition, functional exercise, and restorative practices to help each client strengthen their mind, body and spirit. Nathane has helped thousands of people from around the world with his Online Coaching Programs, from those looking to improve their health, to those who want to keep up with their grand kids, to those preparing for physical competition.
During episode #47 of the Live Life Aggressively podcast, Nate joins Mike & Sincere to discuss:
- Nate describes his training journey, form the bodybuilding-styled training to a more holistic approach
- How a big change in Nate's mom's health changed Nate's entire outlook in terms of his own health, as well as help change the direction of his career
- Why a possible episode of The Walking Dead could be the next diet trend
- Why any type of tribalism can be detrimental to your dietary needs
- What steps you can take to make sure you re choosing the right diet specifically for you
- What is holistic fitness & holistic lifestyle training & why it's a necessary component to your daily regimen
- How did an interview between Mike & Jon Hinds of Monkey Bar Gym help Nate with his approach to a plant-based diet
- What events lead to Nate having to reintroduce animal protein back into his diet, and what you can learn from his experience in terms of your own personalized dietary needs
- How does Mike respond to those who say he's pretty strong "to be a vegan?"
- What chain of events, while Mike & Steve Maxwell were having coffee, prompted Mike to pull the race card
- What the one "true" diet that is bad for everyone & what can we do to alleviate it
- Nate shares how he utilizes his educational background in holistic nutrition and nutrigenomics to help improve his health, as well as his clients
- Why your genetics play a major role in what type of diet is best for your own individual health
- Nate describes how stress played a big part in the decline of his health and how he figured it out and overcame it
- Sincere shares the one thing he feels all meat eaters should at least once in their life in order to help change their outlook in terms of food consumption
- How certain underlying themes of the movie "12 Years A Slave" are still in effect and how today's version of slavery also affects our food supply, finances, and more
- Nate shares his thoughts on the "difficulties" of being a fitness professional in Canada
- How Nate found himself on the cover of Harlequin romance novels, as well as various fitness magazines, and what other business pros can learn from his experience
- What in the world has Mike , Nate, and Sincere discussing "shrinkage?"