Episode 18: Sam Sheridan, author of The Disaster Diaries
Episode 18 of the Live Life Aggressively podcast is now available for download. This week, we are joined by best-selling author, Sam Sheridan (http://worldismadeoffire.com/). Sam is best known for his books, "A Fighter's Heart," "A Fighter's Mind," & "The Disaster Diaries," and has also appeared in the movie "Warrior."
Part One: Sam joins us this week to discuss:
- What Sam learned from MMA legend Renzo Gracie about coming back from a loss/failure and how that can also help you in competition, business, and life
- The pros and cons of Work ethic vs. Ability
- What Sam learned by personally getting into the trenches of prepping for a doomsday scenario, while writing "The Disaster Diaries"
- How recognizing that knowing what you don't know is actually a good thing
- Sam shares which top level MMA ex-champion should take some time off from fighting, and also why Sam thinks this future hall of famer is probably bat s-it crazy
- Why promoters are like drug dealers
- Why playing it safe is in actuality a bigger risk
- Sam and Mike share their "reality tv" experiences
Part Two: Mike & Sincere discuss:
- Mike & Sincere discuss a special upcoming guest
- B.S. political correctness moments in the Super Bowl, holidays, pledging allegiance, and more
- How the new season of The Ultimate Fighter has "The Real World" possibilities
- This week's UFC picks
- Training advice for trainees over 40
- How to effectively incorporate bodyweight training with other training modalities
- The advantages of "freestyle training"
- More "happy endings" from frequent massages