Episode 125: Steve Maxwell returns to discuss HIT training, Heavy Duty training, and the Super Slow method
Top Strength coach, Steve Maxwell returns for a special 2 part episode to address various training protocols. On this episode Steve discusses his stance on high intensity circuit training, his experience training with fitness legend Arthur Jones, as well as the following:
- Steve shares how he met fitness legend Arthur Jones
- How does Steve feel about Mike Mentzer's training protocols & if they are relevant today
- Steve shares his first experience training with machines and circuit training
- Why being able to be strong enough to bend nails and rolling frying pans, but no longer being able to deadift 2xs your bodyweight does not necessarily mean you lost strength
- What did Arthur Jones mean by "tapping into the survival mechanism" in terms of training & is it still relevant in today's training
- What are the pros and cons to Martin Berkhan's intermittent fasting program & how does his choice of subjects....
- What are the benefits of "Super Slow" training & why do the Russian Spetznahs favor this type of training
Links & Resources mentioned in the show:
Keep the LLA Podcast free by becoming a monthly supporter via $5 or more on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/llapodcast
Steve's website: http://maxwellSC.com
Purchase New Warrior Training products: http://newwarriortraining.com
also subscribe, download, rate & review us at:
Also, be sure to "like" and connect with us on our Facebook fan page at http://facebook.com/llapodcast.