ASC Episode 13: Strength training discussion with MMA fighter Tom Lawlor
UFC veteran and current PFL fighter Tom and I had a fantastic conversation on strength training, MMA, using social media, and kettlebell training.
- What inspired Tom to want to train to be an MMA fighter
- The ups and downs of UFC career and why he ultimately moved on
- Where Tom is fighting now and what he wants to achieve at his last fight in 2021
- Tom's experience with the Westside training system and why it is misunderstood
- The benefits of the Conjugate Method and utilizing similar but different exercises.
- The benefits of the Snatch grip deadlift
- What Tom experienced after working on the Jefferson deadlift
- Why Tom utilized deficit deadlifts
- Why Tom is a big fan of kettlebell training, in particular, the kettlebell snatch and TGU
- What Tom plans to get into after his last MMA fight
Follow Tom on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/filthytomlawlor/