Which supplements do you recommend to improve sleep quality?
My favorite supplement stack to improve sleep quality is the trifecta of Taurine, Inositol, and Magnesium. All three help with inducing relaxation, reducing, anxiety, and putting you into a deep sleep state. I could write a book on the wild dreams this stack provokes!
I take all three an hour before going to sleep. I enjoy reading for an hour before bedtime (Also helps a great deal with relaxing the mind) while lying back on a sofa in my office and I always end up passed out.
In addition to improving sleep quality, Taurine has numerous benefits including
- Antidepressant and anti-anxiety properties*
- Effective treatment for alcoholism and fatigue*
- Supports a strong immune system*
- Has anti-neurotoxic and anti-inflammatory benefits*
- Inhibits tumor cell proliferation*
- Improves heart health and lowers blood pressure*
- Supports insulin sensitivity and optimal glucose levels*
- Supports testosterone production*
- Strengthens muscles*
Inositol also has multiple benefits such as
- Balances brain chemicals to support mood*
- Improves insulin sensitivity*
- Improves cholesterol levels*
- Reduces anxiety by increasing the neurotransmitter GABA*
- Supports ideal blood pressure*
Some of the many benefits of Magnesium are
- Magnesium works inside our tissue cells binding with ATP to produce energy pockets for our body’s vital force*
- Magnesium is required for the body to produce and store energy*
- Magnesium helps obesity genes from expressing themselves*
- Magnesium is necessary for the production, function, and transport of insulin*
- Magnesium is one of the most important neuroprotectants known*
- Magnesium helps protect cells against environmental neurotoxins such as pesticides*
- Magnesium is critical for protein synthesis which is a must for muscle building*
- The feel-good hormone serotonin depends on magnesium for its production and function*
- Magnesium is the ultimate stress management nutrient and supports the adrenal glands that get worn out from stress*
I take three grams of Taurine, and 3 grams of Inositol, and apply 12 sprays of my Recovery oil (which contains Magnesium, zinc, and MSM) every night. I recommend you start with a low dosage of Taurine and Inositol initially to test tolerance as too much too soon can cause gut distress. 1 gram of each is a good starting point. Gradually build up to 3 grams of each over several weeks. Make sure to test your fasting glucose levels and blood pressure after a few weeks to assess improvements.
For more info on Taurine go to
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.