Robb Wolf, (http://robbwolf.com) is a former research biochemist is the New York Times Best Selling author of The Paleo Solution – The Original Human Diet. (http://budurl.com/LLApaleo) A student of Prof. Loren Cordain, author of The Paleo Diet, and has transformed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people around the world via his top ranked iTunes podcast, book and seminars.
What some may not know is that Robb is also a former California State Powerlifting Champion (565 lb. Squat, 345 lb. Bench, 565 lb. Dead Lift) and a 6-0 amateur kickboxer. He coaches athletes at the highest levels of competition and consults with Olympians and world champions in MMA, motocross, rowing and triathlon.
There seems to be a lot of confusion, when it comes to knowing what the Paleo diet is and isn’t. What better way to find out than to ask the man responsible for ringing the Paleo lifestyle to the mainstream.
On this episode, Robb discusses the following:
- How did Robb get into the Paleo Diet
- How did powerlifting play an important role in Robb’s outlook on sports nutrition
- Robb describes his experience with a vegan/vegetarian diet
- Robb shares how those that tend to improve their nutrition with the Paleo diet tend to automatically improve other aspects of their life
- What prompted Robb to move away from the Crossfit training model at his training facility
- What style of coaching does Robb feel has proved to be the most beneficial to a small percentage of Crossfit gyms
- What exactly is a Black Sheep Box that Sincere mentions, and why should anyone interested in Crossfit seek them out nickivioletti.com
- Why lowering the glycemic load to help with symptoms of obesity is not necessarily the best move for those athletes who train at a high level
- Can a high level athlete benefit from Paleo-friendly carbohydrates
- When is one of the most optimal times in which Robb utilizing carb restriction with his martial arts clients
- What is Robb’s view on the use of MCT oils and ketone esters with brain health
- What is Robb’s opinion on intermittent fasting and the current butter/coffee trend
- What particular population should be very concerned with getting their lipo-proteins checked, before focusing on a high fat diet
- What is Robb’s view on meal frequency and why, and where do those with adrenal issues fit into the equation
- Robb shares his opinion on the importance of breakfast
- Is there a place for eating a nutrient dense meal closer to bedtime
- How did certain protein powders strengthen Robb’s relationship with his daughter & nearly got Robb divorced
or subscribe, download, rate & review us at:
Also, be sure to “like” and connect with us on our Facebook fan page athttp://facebook.com/llapodcast.