Ted Ryce (http://rycefitness.com/) is an accomplished martial artist, a personal trainer, and host of the Alpha Fit Life podcast. Using exercise and nutrition principles he’s learned from extensive study, Ted transformed from a skinny 150lb fast food eating party guy to an athletic 205lbs muscular physique.
Via his 14 years of experience, as well as his holistic approach to health & fitness, the Miami-based strength coach has trained celebrities like Ricky Martin and Robert Downey Jr to CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, professional and amateur athletes, and men and women who want to look better in their bathing suits.
However, it is not just Ted’s physical strength that is his only attribute. One could argue that it is his internal and mental strength he channeled to deal with the brutal murder of his little brother, Jimmy Ryce, and the courage Ted and his family endured to help bring his brother’s killer to justice, as well as honor his brother by establishing The Jimmy Ryce Center for Victims of Predatory Abduction. (http://www.jimmyryce.org/)
The Florida-based non-profit was established to help provide bloodhounds to police departments around the country, in order to help other families avoid the loss the Ryce family experienced, as well as put sexual predators on notice.
In February of this year, Ted’s brother’s killer was finally put to death via lethal injection. During this episode, Ted joins us to discuss:
- Ted shares how he got started in fitness, as well as his experience working with celebrity clients such as Robert Downey Jr.
- Ted shares his personal story of his tragic loss of his little brother, Jimmy Ryce
- Ted discusses his story of courage, perseverance, and the process of healing
- How did health & fitness save Ted’s life
- Why the phrase “Real men don’t cry” is always a b.s. point of view
- Is the death penalty ever justified
- What is the difference between justice vs. revenge
- Why there is no such thing as “closure”
- When compassion is often misplaced when discussing whether the death penalty should be legal or not
- What part did mental health play in the in the murder of Ted’s brother
- What is the Jimmy Ryce Act
- How does The Jimmy Ryce Center for Victims of Predatory Abduction assist lawmakers across the U.S. in catching child predators
- What we can learn from past situations in Rwanda & Bosnia, and how those atrocities are no different from the choices you make on a daily basis
- Does violence really solve anything
- What is Ted’s advice to potential victims, whose predators demand that they leave with them
- What did Ted have to say about Tim Larkin’s advice on A-social violence vs. anti-social violence
- How can you get involved with the The Jimmy Ryce Center for Victims of Predatory Abduction (http://www.jimmyryce.org/
Links & Resources Mentioned During The Show:
1. The Jimmy Ryce Center for Victims of Predatory Abduction: http://www.jimmyryce.org/
2. “The Dark Side of Man” by Michael Ghiglieri & Joshua Bilmes : http://budurl.com/darksideofman
4. Tim Larkin: http://targetfocustraining.com/
5. Alpha Fit Life Podcast: http://http//www.stitcher.com/podcast/alpha-fitness-lifestyle-podcast
or subscribe, download, rate & review us at:
Also, be sure to “like” and connect with us on our Facebook fan page at http://facebook.com/llapodcast.