Episode 6 is now available for your downloading & listening pleasure, below. This week, we are joined by our guest Nate Morrison (http://morrison-industries.com). For over a decade Nate Morrison has been leading the fight to dramatically reform and redefine military and tactical fitness. He was the first to introduce kettlebells to the military and wider tactical community and even deployed with them to Afghanistan and Iraq before most people had even heard of them.
His first book, “Military Fitness: A Manual of Special Physical Training” was literally the first to address the issue of military fitness from a comprehensive and sports science point of view outside of Russia and the Warsaw Pact nations. He continues to be the only person in the USA to apply actual sports science, neurology and endocrinology to training programs with great success..
This week the we discuss:
- Nate’s work w/LifeQuest Transitions & helping wounded soldiers
- How Nate uses exercise-based physical therapy to help wounded soldiers
- How Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is being reevaluated, today
- Nate shares how changes in recruiting standards 50 years ago changed the face of our military
- Nate describes the difference between driving a 70,000 lb vehicle and paying taxes
- When one says, “I support the troops,” just how measurable is that statement. You may be surprised.
- The inspiration behind Nate’s first book on military fitness
- The difference between military fitness and conventional fitness
- Nate’s journey to Russia to personally experience Soviet Sport Science, Kettlebells, & martial arts training, & how it totally changed his training & programming philosophy
- The Russian powerlifting training & Westside training connection
- The Russian Blueprint for Success
- The Importance of Cross-training
- How Comparison is the detriment of a personal training program’s success
- What’s needed to help improve the physical preparedness of most newly-graduated recruits, before going to basic training