Dr. Peter Rouse (http://afpcenter.com/) returns to the show to discuss the the topic of nootropics and its growing popularity. During Ep.#54, Peter also shares some insight on cognitive health, improving brain function, addressing neurological health, free testosterone vs. total testosterone, “gluten- free” & fluoride myths, as well as the following:
- Peter discusses free testosterone vs. total testosterone in athletic performance and which is more important
- Peter shares what tests are most optimal for monitoring free testosterone, cortisol, and adrenal levels
- Why does Mike want centenarians to have low testosterone levels
- What exactly are nootropics and how can they make you feel like you’re in the movie “Limitless”
- Peter shares his view and findings on the controversial use of flouride
- How is aspertame connected to phenylalanine and how are they different
- Peter discusses how he helps his clients get past sugar cravings and what types of cravings are far worse
- Peter shares why he thinks the “gluten-free” market is scam
- Why glucose is not the best for brain energy, and what is?
- How much daily protein intake is optimal?
- How addictive is sugar and is it as addictive as heroin?
- What sugar is actually a healthy source of combating candida
- Is there a better alternative to modafinil?
- What are the benefits of dopamine enhancers such as Mucuna
- What is neurotransmitter balance and testing
- What form of hemp is actually good for neurological health
- Peter shares his top 5 nootropic suggestions
- What are the benefits of neuroprotector supplements such as lion’s mane & Brain Shield
- What are the benefits of Magnolia Bark in terms of depression, infections, and brain health
- The benefits of taking 300-400mg of CoQ10 and why you should take more when your taking a flight, during travel
Links & Resources:
1. Grain Brain (Download it for free athttp://newwarriorbooks.com/)
2. Grain Damage: http://budurl.com/graindamagebook
4. Piracetam: http://budurl.com/piracetamLLA
5. Brainwave Plus & Brain Shield:https://www.vitacostrewards.com/SNxPJE (Get $10 of your 1st purchase of $30 or more at Vitacost)
6. Magnolia Bark: http://budurl.com/magnoliabark
8. The Second Brain: http://budurl.com/secondbrainbook