Self-protection expert Tim Larkin (http://targetfocustraining.com/) is the best-selling author of “Survive The Unthinkable: The Total Guide To Women’s Self-Protection,” and is the the creator of the Target Focus System, a self-protection system utilized by law enforcement, military, combat sports, the everyday husband, housewife, and layman. Tim has graced the cover of Black Belt magazine, been featured on CBS & ABC news, Forbes magazine, the BBC, and his system and instruction also caught the attention of popular self-help coach Tony Robbins. In fact, Tim is a regular presenter at many of Tony’s events.
During episode #34 of the Live Life Aggressively podcast, Tim joins Mike & Sincere to discuss:
- What’s the connection between self-protection, Tim, & Tony Robbins?
- Tim’s explains the differences and challenges he experiences with training celebrities, law enforcement, pro fighters, members of the military community, & the everyday Jane and Joe
- What is the difference from Tim’s self-protection system compared to the typical self-defense classes, reality self defense, or combat sports
- How sports medicine data plays a major role in Tim’s self-protection training system
- Tim’s connection to boxing and the Navy Seals
- How the end of the Cold War changed Tim’s approach to teaching self protection
- The difference between self-defense and self-protection & which one you should consider
- When “using the tool of violence” catches a bad rap & is often misunderstood
- How Tim helps prepare the average person to be mentally prepared for extremely violent scenarios compared to those who work in violent jobs and environments
- The story of the peaceful dentist and the violent meth addict
- Principles vs. Technique…and which is more and important and why
- The common denominator between fitness trainers training a client to how Tim trains clients for self-protection
- Tim & Mike’s one tip to help women be less of a target, especially in major cities
- How Tim helped humble a successful, violence-prone Texas oil exec
- Tim shares moments in which he had to apply his own training in order to save his own life, from seedy parts of L.A. to South America
- Effectiveness vs. Efficiency
- Concealed carry Groupon deals?