Mick Benzo is the co-host of Ice T’s Final Level Podcast, as well as the CEO of PayUp Management. The longtime entertainment industry vets joins Mike & Sincere to discuss the following:
- Mick shares how he got started in the music business, his family ties to the legendary hip hop pioneers Grandmaster Flash, and how he eventually connected with Ice T
- How has the scope of marketing changed in the music industry & what can other industries learn from it
- What is the real story behind Ice T, Warner Brothers, and the “Cop Killer” controversy
- What is Mick’s response to the state of the entertainment industry & what he would like to see from today’s artist?
- How can parents & adults from one generation utilize the music of today as a common ground to connect with the current younger generation, despite perceived musical preferences
- Why is it a must to bring back or enhance music programs in schools, and how can it help improve the education and social system in the U.S.
- Mick shares how he and Ice T came up with the idea for the Final Level podcast & why network TV & radio should worry about shows such as The Final Level & the Live Life Aggressively podcasts
- How did Mick transition from terrestrial radio, to owning a music distribution company, managing artists, to finding his way to co-hosting the Final Level podcast w/ Ice T
- Why concepts such as American Idol, The Voice, and America’s Got Talent are flawed systems in terms of discovering & promoting real artists
- Mick shares how he, his wife, Ice T, and fellow hip hop legend Chubb Rock created the Male Awareness Foundation & why the creation of the organization is a necessary resource for men’s health
or subscribe, download, rate & review us at:
Also, be sure to “like” and connect with us on our Facebook fan page at http://facebook.com/llapodcast.