Everyone who matters considers Mark to be one of the best strength coaches in the game and in my opinion he is the best! I had the pleasure of training under his tutelage for several months back in 2010 and it was a transformative experience. He is most well known for being a strongman competitor and winning a deadlift competition at the Arnold Classic with an over 900lbs lift!
Here is what we discussed:
- Deadlifting with a very stiff bar vs a bar with a “whip”
- The benefits of wearing a belt when deadlifting and why it is most beneficial for more advanced trainees.
- Do deficit deadlifts transfer over to regular deadlifts and why it works best for those who deadlift with a pronounced leg drive.
- Why sprinting improves strength –
- Does using a roar on heavy lifts actually help or is it ostentatious theatrics?
- When Mark makes time for training after a 12-hour workday
- Mark’s version of intermittent fasting
- Why our slogan during the pandemic should have been “Get healthy for Nevada”