Tobi Alder is a very strong young man! He has deadlifted over 750lbs for reps with jeans on which says it all. In addition, he is a highly intelligent strength coach and is the master of designing effective powerlifting and strength training regimens. Here are some of the discussion points from the conversation.
- How Tobi got into strength training as a teenager and worked up to 750lbs in his 20s!
- Was Tobi strong coming out of the gate or did he get pinned with 100lbs on the bench press when he first started?
- The pros and cons of the conventional deadlift and sumo deadlift.
- Why lower body training should be prioritized for an overall strong physique instead of fixating on upper body exercises.
- The benefits of high-frequency training and Tobi’s results with his own version of a very well known HFT program.
- Are there training benefits of wearing masks while training?
- Mike’s feedback on wearing a mask while training and how it impacted his recent deadlift PR.
- The training Tobi has been focused on during the pandemic and not having access to weights.
- Why cardio and daily walking should not be diminished and are integral components of a comprehensive health and fitness regimen.
Follow Tobi on IG tobi_alder_strength_coach For more info on his program design services go to https://talder123.wixsite.com/tobistr…
For training inspiration and tips subscribe to his YouTube Channell at https://m.youtube.com/user/talder123