The connection between adrenaline dominance and excessive stress
Conditions with ties to adrenaline dominance
- Attention deficit disorder
- high blood pressure
- tinnitus from muscle tension in the neck
- Anger issues
- road rage
- Restless leg syndrome
- frequent night time urination
- teeth grinding when asleep
- Excess stomach fat
- intense sugar cravings
Action steps to address adrenaline dominance
- Load up on high-quality protein, low glycemic carbohydrates, and healthy fats at every meal.
- Eat every four hours to ensure you have a steady supply of nutrients especially for the brain.
- Address precise life stressors such as unhealthy relationships, social media addiction, drug addiction, job dissatisfaction, health issues.
- Get a massage once a week or at least twice per month
- Go relax at a spa once a week utilizing a sauna, hot tub, steam room.
- Don’t suppress anger. Confide in friends, seek counseling, keep a journal to express your thoughts.
- Spend more time in nature. Go for hikes often
Supplements that help with adrenaline dominance/resistance
- Theanine: an amino acid that helps with relaxation. take 500mg-2000mg two times per day. Great post workout to wind down or anytime you want to relax.
- GABA: 100mg-200mg helps with relaxation and deep sleep. Also increases GH levels.
- 5 Http: increases serotonin, reduces sugar cravings, reduces anxiety, and helps with relaxation. 100-200mg before bedtime.
- Melatonin: 1-6mg before bedtime for deep sleep
- Progesterone: Life-Flo cream at 10mg 3x per day for men. Women 50mg 3 times per day. Reduces the release of adrenaline by blocking insulin-induced hypoglycemia. Apply to inner arms a few minutes before meals to improve insulin sensitivity.
- Reishi mushroom: modulates cortisol and helps with stress management at 500mg 2x per day.
- Rhodiola Rosea powerful adaptogen improves EPO levels for more endurance, increases ATP for real energy. 200-600mg
- Ashwagandha helps lower cortisol, raise DHEA and Testosterone levels. 150mg of Sensoril three times per day.
- B vitamins: B vitamins get depleted from too much stress. 1 tab 2-3 times per day with meals.
- Maca: 2-3 tablespoons per day: helps with adrenal health. Also helps women make more progesterone and is great for estrogen metabolism. Also available as a 20:1 potent extract in caps. 200mg 3x per day.
- Systemic enzymes; lowers the need for inflammation and the subsequent cortisol surge to lower inflammation. Systemic enzymes are the ultimate recovery supplement and lower c-reactive protein. 3-5 caps ex per day.
Sources and recommended reading
Mastering Leptin by Byron Richards
Adrenaline Dominance by Michael E. Platt, M.D.