Episode 71: Dr. Carlon Colker on stevia negatives, fat for fuel, and training actor Bradley Cooper
Dr. Carlon Colker (http://peakwellness.com/) is a physician, author, network reality TV personality, public speaker, and dietary supplement industry consultant. He runs a private practice and consulting clinic in Greenwich, Connecticut (Peak Wellness, Inc.),
Dr. Colker, NBA Shaquille O'Neal's personal physician and trainer for over 20 years and whom he credits with his championship condition, starred alongside Shaq on the ABC reality TV program Shaq's Big Challenge in 2007.
He appeared as a guest medical correspondent on Fox News Channel’s Fox & Friends; and on shows such as ESPN Outside the Lines, NBC’s Health Segment, Court TV, Bloomberg, Good Morning America, and ABC’s World News Tonight. Colker has authored various media articles and columns and published several books on health-related topics, including "The Greenwich Diet," "Sex Pills: From Androstenedione to Zinc, What Works and What Doesn’t," & "Extreme Muscle Enhancement: Bodybuilding’s Most Powerful Techniques."
Dr. Colker is also a columnist and contributing editor for Muscular Development, and has appeared in such health magazines as Muscle & Fitness, Ironman, Mind & Power, Body, Runner’s World, Walking, Let’s Live, Self Magazine, Strive, Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, and Cosmopolitan.
Dr. Colker joins Mike & Sincere to discuss:
- Dr. Colker shares his relationship with Shaquille O'Neal, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Frank Shamrock, Andre Agassi, and others
- How does Dr. Colker adjust to working with various personalities, especially high level athletes
- How to break the vicious cycle of implementing food in the place of love and guilt
- How did Dr. Colker & his team help lower income families have access to higher food quality
- How most schools are the new surrogates for busy parents & how they can help children eat healthier
- Dr. Colker shares how he is currently helping Quinton "Rampage" Jackson with his training, diet, and fight strategy
- What is Dr. Colker's connection with actor Bradley Cooper
- Why eating a lot can be a huge task
- Dr. Colker shares his current training regimen, and at 48 years old, how he makes it work
- What form of nutritional testing can you begin today, without spending a dime, and why it's very beneficial
- Why you "can" benefit from fad diets?
- How does Dr. Colker benefit from a high fat, low protein & carb diet
- What nutrient group will Dr. Colker pay $100,000 for someone to find
- When are carbohydrates of great benefit
- Dr. Colker shares how dietary fat works with the brain
- What was Dr. Colker's relationship with Robert Atkins
- Why fat is more of an energy source than carbohydrates
- What food resource can your consume to reduce sugar cravings
- What sugar is safe for diabetics and actually feeds healthy bacteria in the body
- What you may not know about stevia, xylitol, and other sugar alcohols
- What are the benefits of myostatin inhibitors