Episode 90: Guinness Book of World Records holder Jon Bruney on his NeuroMass system to increase size and strength
Jon Bruney (http://pressingthelimits.com/) is a Guinness Book world record holder, whose strength exploits have been featured on Ripley's Believe it or Not and shown nationwide on NBC's The Today Show. Thousands of people have personally experienced Jon's jaw-dropping Pressing the Limits motivational strength programs.
A true renaissance man in the realm of strength-development, Jon Bruney is a world-class trainer, coach, motivational speaker, strongman, author, and pastor. Jon's work with competitive athletes includes Olympians and NFL players. He is the author of Foundations, a training series featured in MILO, widely considered the world's most prestigious strength training journal. As co-owner of Submit Strength Equipment, Jon has been responsible for the design of numerous pieces of cutting-edge training equipment now in use around the world.
The incredibly strong, yet most likely the friendliest guy you will ever meet, stops by to discuss the following:
- Why safe words didn't matter during Jon & his wife, Amy's attempt to "nail it" during a recent Guinness Book of World Record attempt
- What is the importance of velocity in strength training & what are some examples of including it in your current training program
- How do Jon & his friend John Brookfield continue to challenge each other to get stronger, while having fun, & discovering ways to continue to increase strength
- What are the "weird things" that Jon's neighbors hear coming out his basement
- What prompted Jon to write his latest Dragon Door published book, "Neuro Mass"
- Jon shares a bonus Neuro Mass workout that did not make the Neuro Mass book & exclusive only to LLA podcast listeners
- What is Jon's approach in terms of recovery, in order to balance out his constant extreme strength training
- Just how many days a week should you do deadlifts
- Jon shares his experience in working w/the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the U.S. Olympic greco-wrestling team, with John Brookfield and the Battling Ropes training system
- Why creating a system trumps trying to "invent" something that already exists
- Why giving credit to where credit is due only gives more credit to you (thank you Dr. Seus....see what I did there)
- Why the heck is Jon heading to Mongolia & how you can be a part of it
- How Jon uses feats of strength as life lessons for kids and adults
Links & Resources:
1. "Neuro Mass" by Jon Bruney : http://budurl.com/neuromassbook
2. "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield : http://budurl.com/warartbook
4. Guinness World Record Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W4iDwf_1rY
or subscribe, download, rate & review us at:
Also, be sure to "like" and connect with us on our Facebook fan page athttp://facebook.com/llapodcast.