Episode 77: Elite Strength Coach Steve Maxwell Part 1 on Crossfit, BJJ training, and lifestyle business freedom
Steve Maxwell (http://maxwellsc.com) is is an American fitness coach, physical educator, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor, and was named one of the top 100 trainers in the USA by Men's Journal. Steve is noted as the first man to teach kettlebell classes in the United States.
Steve's career as a strength & conditioning coach stretches from training professional athletes including players for the Phillies, Dodgers, and Eagles, to working with various US Government agencies, including the DEA, Secret Service, and FBI, as well as many Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu academies throughout the U.S.. Maxwell travels around the world leading seminars in strength conditioning, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, kettlebells, and joint mobility.
As we celebrate our 1 year anniversary of the launch of the Live Life Aggressively podcast, what better way to kick off a new year than with one of our most requested guests. This is part 1 of a two part chat with Steve. During this first episode we discuss the following:
- What prompted Steve to give up a traditional America lifestyle for a freedom business & living a life without a permanent address
- What motivated Steve to once live in a tee pee...yes....a tee pee
- Why Steve never uses a roller-suitcase & how what alternative is used to model his lifestyle
- What you can learn from Steve on utilizing social media to effectively build your business
- Steve shares how he's created a lifestyle freedom business
- How does Steve keep his nutrition on point and stay in shape, while constantly traveling
- Steve shares his experience in training with the legendary Gracie family
- What did Steve learn directly from the Gracie's in terms of nutrition
- Steve shares how his training has evolved over the years
- How did Steve first discover and gravitate to kettlebells
- Steve discusses how he, Pavel Tsatsouline, John Du Cane, & even Ori Hofmekler first met up, during the planning phase of creating the RKC
- What is Steve's advice to adding kettlebells to various forms of martial arts training
- What type of strength training does Steve recommend as an anti-aging tool
- Why has Steve been a big proponent of joint mobility
- Steve shares his views on the good and bad of Crossfit & how a lot of Crossfit box owners get it wrong
- Steve weighs in on Crossfit founder Greg Glassman
or subscribe, download, rate & review us at:
Also, be sure to "like" and connect with us on our Facebook fan page athttp://facebook.com/llapodcast.