Episode 181: Elite BJJ competitor Robert Consulmagno on thriving with Bipolar disorder and PTSD
Robert Consulmagno is living breathing proof that Bi Polar disorder & Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) are nothing more than a fight…One that can be won and one that can be put back in ORDER!
Cozmo speaks to Veterans and organizations about his own fight with PTSD & Bi-Polar Disorder and how to mount an effective attack against the chaos of life so that others can be encouraged during difficult times.
Cozmo is currently ranked #2 in the World in purple belt Jiu Jitsu as well as a Marine Corps veteran. His bold, nationwide campaign to raise awareness for his fight against Bi Polar disorder and PTSD has raised support and caught the attention of the White House as well as the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Cozmo joins the LLA Show to discuss the following:
- Cozmo helps clarify what is bi-polar disorder
- Cozmo shares how early childhood trauma played a major part in his journey and mission today
- How did intense physical training and martial arts become a part of Cozmo's therapy
- Cozmo tells the story of answering ads on Craigslist, driving from Jersey City to Vegas, and Facebook hook ups
- How does Cozmo address those that say his disability is not real
- Cozmo discusses his preparation to set the world record for performing the most standing ab wheel roll outs
- How does Cozmo help counteract "mobbing" in the workplace, and why you may be a victim of mobbing at your job
- Despite all of the earlier pushback, how did Cozmo begin to get a lot of media exposure and more public speaking gigs
- How is Cozmo's story helping the VA look for alternative means to help vets living with PTSD
Links & Resources mentioned in the show:
Keep the LLA Podcast free. Become a monthly supporter via $5 or more on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/llapodcast
Warrior Angels Foundation: http://warriorangelsfoundation.org
Purchase New Warrior Training products: http://newwarriortraining.com
Sincere's Top 5 coffee suggestions: http://newwarriortraining.com/coffeestands/
Also subscribe, download, rate & review us at:
Also, be sure to "like" and connect with us on our Facebook fan page at http://facebook.com/llapodcast