Episode 127: Christina Danos on the importance of Kettlebells 4 Autism for raising awareness
Christina Danos created Kettlebells 4 Autism with the goal of raising awareness about autism through kettlebell training and sport. KB4A supports not-for-profit organizations devoted to autism research, treatment, and/or the delivery of evidenced based practices, to those affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders.
By way of an annual Kettlebells 4 Autism Fundraising Event, and merchandise sales, KB4A riases funds for a minimum of 4 not-for-profit organizations per year. The tiny in stature, yet strong on the kettlebell platform with a heart, autism advocate joins the LLA podcast to discuss the following :
- What drew Christina into the area of autism awareness & autism services
- How Christina connect autism awareness with kettlebell sport
- Christina shares what autism is and what it isn't and why autism goes beyond the movie "Rain Man"
- Why it is essential to provide support for not only those on the autism spectrum, but their caregivers as well
- Are there viable health care resource options for those on the spectrum with lower income
- Christina discusses the importance of physical activity for individuals on the autism spectrum
- What are the needs not normally discussed regarding autism in adults and autism from a global standpoint
- Christina discusses the importance of Autism Awareness Month
- How did Kettlebells 4 Autism connect with Jason Dolby's "One Hour Long Cycle" charity event in 2015, what's next for both organizations, & how can you get involved today
All this and much more:
Links & Resources mentioned in the show:
Keep the LLA Podcast free by becoming a monthly supporter via $5 or more on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/llapodcast
Kettlebells 4 Autism website: kettlebells4autism.com
The Association for Science in Autism Treatment: http://www.asatonline.org/
The Global Autism Project: http://globalautismproject.org
Eric Chessen's Autism Fitness: http://autismfitness.com
One Hour Long Cycle Event: http://onehourlongcycle.com
Purchase New Warrior Training products: http://newwarriortraining.com
also subscribe, download, rate & review us at:
Also, be sure to "like" and connect with us on our Facebook fan page at http://facebook.com/llapodcast.