Episode 105: Steven Kotler author of The Rise of Superman on achieving flow and peak performance
Steven Kotler is a New York Times bestselling author, an award-winning journalist and the
co-founder/director of research for the Flow Genome Project. He is one of the world’s leading experts on ultimate human performance.
His latest work, "The Rise of Superman," was one of the most talked about books in 2014 and the first book in history to chart simultaneously in four different categories on national bestseller lists (sports, science, psychology and business).
In it, Steven decodes the science of flow, an optimal state of peak performance where the impossible becomes possible—with critical implications in business, education, technology, and society as a whole.
Steven joins Mike & Sincere to discuss flow, dog rescue, the relationship between chocolate & marijuana, the future of laboratory produced meat, as well as the following:
- How did contracting lyme disease play a major role in Steven's deep research and interest in flow states
- What exactly is "Flow" & what role does it play in the creating happiness and success in various aspects of our lives, including our careers, relationships, finances, etc.
- How are "flow states" comparable to drugs & what are the negative aspects of being in a state of flow
- Steven shares why there are a lot of misconceptions regarding GMOs & why the production of GMOs be a good thing
- What's the story behind laboratory-produced meat & why this may be good for human consumption as well as a much needed alternative to help the planet
- How do dogs get in a state of flow with other dogs, as well as humans, and what can we learn from them
- How has "group flow" contributed to the success of some of the top corporations in the world, and how can you utilize these events to build your own business
- How do flow states play a part in Facebook addiction, and when can it be good
- Why virtual reality is getting better & increasing flow states, as well as shifting the trajectory of "real" life to a "Total Recall" way of life
- What is downloadable consciousness & what does it have to do with Tupac, Michael Jackson, and you
- Why we may have missed the mark regarding the theory of "Survival of The Fittest" in terms of evolution
- How can chocolate play an major role in contributing to a state of flow
All this and much more:
Links & Resources mentioned in the show:
Steven's books: http://budurl.com/stevenkotlerbooks
Subscribe, download, rate & review us at:
Also, be sure to "like" and connect with us on our Facebook fan page athttp://facebook.com/llapodcast.